People always say that growing older is dreadful, but its what I needed.
The early 20s mode was something i needed to disconnect from..
The sad thing is, it took me a long time for me to understand my self-worth. I thought too much about how people viewed me. I didn't like attention. I picked and chose my words too carefully, out of fear of sounding stupid. I cared too much about my appearance. Most days, it was a challenge to find something I actually liked about myself. I thought I wasn't good enough.
A lot of my time was just trying to fit in. School, Work, Party and Repeat and Repeat.
I think it was photography that saved me. I fell in love completely. And it loved me back.
I started seeing the beauty of the world through my lens.
Outlook changed drastically.
My life completely flipped.
I no longer cared about the frivolous, only what made me truly happy.
And quickly learnt that you in fact control how you let things affect you.
My boss tends to ask me how Im always so upbeat, its because i choose to be.
I would have never viewed my life to have turned out how it has over these last few years...
My two crazy roommates, four years & counting at the dealership and falling in love with my best friend.
I wouldn't trade it for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment