Wednesday, December 14, 2011

a better me

A month ago, I stopped coffee/caffeine.
Anyone who knows me understands that is a huge deal. It was truly gross how much I was dependent on the caffeine kick. Tims/Starbucks saw me far too often, and the coffee machine at work is oh so close. I would forget how much I would be consuming in a day. Bad! For multiple reasons, it was the right choice for my body. Even when it didn’t feel like in those first few days of going cold turkey or the headaches that would follow soon after. I still miss the extra kick at times, but Im glad to say its not something I ‘NEED’ anymore. Its interesting how much my body has adjusted.

A lot of my life lately, has been about fixing bad habits.
Ive thought about what my next change would be…

Clean Up The Diet.
It’s not that I don’t eat well now.

But:
I need to start viewing food as fuel.
I need to focus on body’s NEEDS, rather than my WANTS.
I need to learn, experiment and cook more.

As they say, all we have is our health.
So I don’t assume it’s about weight, it’s about my body being as healthy as it can be.
Too much of what we eat has barely anything to give to the body.

Don’t get me wrong, put a plate of cheese and crackers in front of me and watch out.
But its time to be more conscious of choices more often.


ps. all that 'diet' food is crap for you, eat well in moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment