Little did I know last night as i was driving home from the airport, blaring old school Michael Jackson...
Someone I knew would leave us in that moment.
A trucking accident would take him.
A father from his two young children.
A man from his wife.
And leave many in disbelief.
In a second.
It made me stop.
It made me think.
It broke my heart.
Ive been around disease.
I've seen people slowly taken... but this hit harder than most.
'What if' is not how one should live life but... sometimes they are a needed thought.
We are all guilty of needing to be in five places at once and having packed schedules/task lists...
We put things on the back burner that we shouldn't.
I'm guilty of this, just look at my chaos of a day planner...
But tell me this...
If someone important in your life was lost in this second, would they know how much you loved them?
would you have regret? over the last conversation? over the amount of time you gave to them?
I hope not.
If so, change that!
Life is a privilege, not a right... its never certain, nor predictible.
the time in the day may always seem limited but there may not be a 'next time', so take the moments.
a brief call. a handwritten letter. a surprise coffee delivery.
trust me, its the smallest things that mean the most!
No comments:
Post a Comment