Be the change you want to see…
So Vote.
I don’t understand why people choose not to vote.
‘I don’t know who is running or know anything about them so why should I vote’ – this is the age of the internet and google, people! it takes all of ten minutes, if you truly are just that busy… If you live under a rock, local newspapers are a great tool as well…
‘There’s no candidate that I want to vote for’ – well how about the process of elimination, weed out the unattractive and vote for the person that remains. It’s rare that you have a candidate that you completely agree 100% with on everything. So choose the best out of the bunch.
Or ‘I just don’t care’ – How can you not?! Our leaders affect all of us, whether you believe it or not. I’m sure we’ve all complained about taxes and construction before… If you don’t vote, I think you give up your right to complain about anything that happens.
Regardless of what you believe and who you vote for, we should all vote.
It’s one of those great freedoms we have, that soo many of us take for granted. We have the ability to choose our leaders, the people that run our cities, provinces and our country… we have a say in what goes on while many people in the world still do not.
Its what our Canadian Forces are fighting for in Afghanistan, the rights of people... people’s freedom to choose. people’s right to be heard.
Maybe people just forget how lucky we are to be in Canada and to be Canadian.
No comments:
Post a Comment