I recently checked off another thing on my life 'to-do’ list, something I’ve been meaning to do for awhile.
I sponsored a little boy from Cambodia.
He’s 6 years old and loves learning.
I couldn’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to getting a letter from him.
We all know those heart-breaking World Vision Commercials, where all you want to do is cry for the little boy with the fly sitting on his face.
I know many believe that all it is, is a set-up ploy to get money… get the cutest, most bones showing kids to make the commercial… I get the cynicism but at the same time, the sad reality is that probably less people would donate if they weren’t appearance appealing.
Fucked world we live in.
But anyways…
I’m happy about this new addition :)
My brother and sister in law sponsor 2 children. At Christmas, they send our family a list of how much things cost in their children's village and we buy things for the village as opposed to gifts for my brother and sister in law :-)
ReplyDeleteEverybody is happy that way!
awww thats such a great idea, lori.
ReplyDeletemy family is talking about adopting a family for christmas instead of doing presents this year.
theres a program here where you get a less fortunate family picked for you. we buy gifts, all the makes of a good christmas tree and of course christmas turkey dinner.
:)
Awesome!! Great feeling and a wonderful way to give back :-)
ReplyDelete