Weeks before my 26th birthday, I figured I would be fine.
Twenty-five had come and gone with ease...
But to my surprise, last week was a hard week...
Some may say it was my quarter-life crisis, the realization of finally dealing with and accepting the past.
I made mistakes.
I let people down.
I let myself down.
I did things for the wrong reasons.
I tried to be something I wasnt.
I didnt understand who I truly was.
I needed to be seen as perfect.
I never had a lot of self-love back then.
I never did see the great qualities and talents I had.
As much as Ive grown from this, Ive struggled to completely let go of it.
I've blamed myself for a long time over things I did and didnt do.
But sitting here tonight, I feel like a weight is gone.
I have this bright future ahead of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment